Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Reflections on Paulo Coelhos quote of the day

Paulo Coelho
No one lights a lamp in order to hide it behind the door: the purpose of light is to create more light, to open people’s eyes, to reveal the marvels around.(The Witch of Portobello)

Grace
February 9, 2009 at 6:36 pm
Thank you for this reminder.
I feel like I have struggled with this my whole life.
With my family, friends, peers, and co-workers.
I find that I have done the work and never shown anyone or I don’t speak up to reveal my thoughts because they are different.
Or I don’t put in all of my effort to a task.
Or I don’t try to look my best because I prefer to stay “hidden.” My reasons for doing this are mostly fear based and therefore not good reasons.

Nancy
February 9, 2009 at 10:53 pm
Jessica, the quote from Nelson Mandela is amazing.
It is what most female warriors of the light need to hear and remember.
Maybe this is my experience but I felt from family and society that females are not to stand out, be leaders, hold very high positions, be adventurous. I
t is completely wrong.Grace, if you start to follow what Nelson Mandela said I will too.

Jessica
February 10, 2009 at 10:06 am
Grace and Nancy,
I agree with both of you :-)
We women need to stand up for our dreams and follow our heart.
Don´t let men put us down to be smaller then we are.
They should be happy that we are happy when we following our dream.
If women are happy men will be happy also :-)
Maybe some men are afraid of loosing power to women?
But that is not right …. we should live togetherand share our light !!!
It´s about balance and live in symbios with everything around us :-)
We should shine with our light and reach for the stars !!!!!
I have began my true path with courage, with inspiration from my friends.

Love Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment