Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thoughts about: Hug your shadow

I just read a book of Debbie Ford called "Hug your shadow", and it amazes me, it´s a tool to become whole in spirit and body.

And I have started do the excersises in it to learn even more about myself , and why I react as I do.
I think it´s because my sometimes low thoughts about my self stops me from do what I want because I don´t think I deserve it.

I hope that this book can make me become more whole :-)
But as I said before it´s a process, I have to have patient with myself and forgive myself when I fall back in old patterns.
I have lived with them for 34 years, so it will take some time to change them to become a habit ;-)

I recommend the book to everyone to read, it´s a very good tool to gain more insight of yourself and then also understand people around you better.

Just a little quote from the book (I looked it up randomly):

"We live with the opinion if something should be divine it has to be perfect.
There we are wrong. The fact is it the opposite.
To be divine it contains to be whole and to be whole is to be everything, the positive and the negative, the saint and the devil.
When we take time to discover our shadow and its gifts we can understand what Jung meant by the expression "The gold is in the dark".
We all need to find that gold to be able to reunite with our holy I."

Another quote:

"The meaning with doing shadowwork is to be whole. To stop suffer.
To stop hiding us from ourself.
When we have done this we can stop hiding from the rest of the world.
Our society celebrate the illussion that the rewards goes to thoose are perfect.
But many of us are beginning to realize that is a cost to be perfect.
The consequence to imitate the idealhumans can prey us, physical,mentally, emotional and spiritual. I have worked with so many good people that has suffer from diffrent diseases - addiction, depression, insomnia and sick realtionships.

They are people that never gets angry, never think about themself in the first place, never pray for themself. Some of them have cancer in their body and don´t realize what it comes from. Deeply burried in their body, deeply hided in their conciusness, are all their dreams, anger, hurt and their yearning.
They where raised to think about themself in the last place because that was what good people do. The hardest thing for them is to release themself from their upbringing, to discover who they really are.
Because they deserve their own love, deserve forgivness and compassion and also their right to express their anger and egoism."

No comments:

Post a Comment