Friday, January 9, 2009

Quotes found on the web

"There are many things to be shared with the Four Colors of humanity in our common destiny as one with our Mother the Earth.
It is this sharing that must be considered with great care by the Elders and the medicine people who carry the Sacred Trusts, so that no harm may come to people through ignorance and misuse of these powerful forces.
"Resolution of the Fifth Annual Meetings of the Traditional Elders Circle, 1980


"Grandfather,
I ask you to Bless the white man,

He needs your wisdom, your guidance.
He has tried for so long to destroy my people

And only feels comfortable when given power.
Bless them with wisdom.

Show them the peace we understand.
Teach them humility

For I feel they will destroy themselves and all our children
As they have done for so long with Mother Earth.
I plead, I cry.

After all
They are my brothers and sisters."
Sandy Kewenhaptewa, Hopi

No comments:

Post a Comment