Saturday, January 17, 2009

Live now

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
~Dale Carnegie

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.
~Alexander Graham Bell

Nothing ever gets anywhere. The earth keeps turning round and gets nowhere. The moment is the only thing that counts.
~Jean Cocteau, Professional Secrets

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see.
~John Burroughs

To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions.
~William James

No comments:

Post a Comment